Other Front-end Testing¶
To audit if the site complies with performance best practices and guidelines, Google's Lighthouse can be run from Google Chrome by opening the developer console and going to the Lighthouse tab to run a performance audit.
Source code linting¶
and test files.
yarn lint command from the command-line to run the ESLint linter,
See the ESLint docs
for detailed rule descriptions.
There are a number of options to the command:
--fix: Add this flag (like
yarn lint --fix) to auto-fix some errors, where ESLint has support to do so.
- Other options available in the docs
Cross browser testing¶
We use https://saucelabs.com to test the site across browsers.
After logging in, the production site URLs can be tested via
Cross Browser in the sidebar.
To test changes from
localhost before they make it to production,
the Sauce Connect Proxy can be used. See more info on the
Sauce Labs documentation site.
- Find the Xcode application on your computer.
- Right-click on the application and select
Show Package Contents.
- Find and open the iOS Simulator at
- Open mobile Safari and navigate to the page you want to test out.
- Now, outside of the iOS Simulator, navigate to and open the desktop Safari application.
- Ensure the developer menu is shown by checking the box at
Show Develop menu in menu bar.
- Open the
Developmenu in desktop Safari and there should be a